Saturday, June 7, 2008

Denver Disaster!!!!

So, I was missing Brady a lot yesterday and decided that I just had to see him! So I booked a flight to Denver (last minute - no pre-planning) and flew in to see him. I had made my flight arrangements so that I would return early the next morning when my girls woke up so that they would only need to be watched overnight. Brady got to Denver from Parachute about the same time that my flight got in so it seemed like my overnight trip was going to be a spontaneous fun story to tell our family for years to come. But, no. When I woke up in our hotel (Brady had already left to go back to work) it was 7:28am. Yeah, my flight departed back to Salt Lake at 6:51. So, I scrammbled to change my flight (getting onto the 10:26am flight instead) and arranged for my mom to watch our girls until I arrived at noon. I came to the airport only to find that my 10:26am flight had been delayed to 12:19pm! And worse, as I sit here writing this blog....my flight is now still delayed to Salt Lake (scheduled to leave now at 1:13pm). Hopefully, I make it home! ....to be continued.....

No comments: